Vertical blinds are one of the most durable and low maintenance blinds among all blind products in the market. They are often used to cover sliding glass doors and large windows. These blinds are operated under sliding track system which is built to last for many years. This simple sliding track system is mainly designed for the easy installation process and you can easily install it by yourself.
However the installation process is easy, you will need to know how to install them properly. Here you can find a handy guide to install your new vertical blinds quickly, easily and hassle free. If you have standard-size window frames, you probably find right width of vertical blinds. But it is not difficult to adjust the width of the blind to its right size. To ensure good fit, you should buy blinds online that are slightly longer than the height of the window.
Now, let us discuss about some of the instructions before beginning the installation process…
- Be sure to read all the included instructions for the specific product.
- Make sure to have the basic tools and hardware which are needed for the installation.
- Check all the installation surfaces like wall, ceiling or window frame to ensure that you have suitable fastener and tools.
- If you are installing several sets of blinds, make sure to match them with the appropriate window. Check the head rail and shade twice for proper width and length.
- Confirm that you have the correct number of brackets in the parts of the shipped products.
- Electric screw driver
- Measuring tape
- Vertical blinds and hardware
- Safety glasses
- Drill/drill nuts (optional)
- Drywall anchors
Here are the steps to install the vertical blinds in your home,
- Vertical blinds are easy to install and all you need is a screw driver. For easy installation use a cordless screw driver or a drill.
- Before starting the installation process, carefully open your blinds and mounting hardware. Read the printed instructions given with the product.
- Use bracket clips to mark starter holes for the screws. Mark the screw, by lightly tapping starter holes.
- Hook the front of your head rail into the brackets and rotate back till it snaps. The rotating portion of the vertical blind is called a vein.
- To install the veins easily, pull the cord evenly by spacing the vein stems. Now, pull the chain to rotate the openings in the stems.
- Then, attach the first vein by sliding it up into the plastic stem until it splits.
- Repeat till all veins are attached.
Hope that the above information helps you to know about the vertical blinds and the easy installation process.